- Recycling is picked up every other week.
Plastic bags are not recyclable in the single stream system. DO NOT place plastic bags in the recycling containers. DO NOT put recyclables into the containers in plastic bags. (Bags may be returnable to some stores for recycling.)
All recyclables, including cardboard, must be INSIDE the containers. Material that is not in the container cannot be picked up.
- The container lid must be closed. Do not overload the container.
Place your container as close to the curb as possible, with the wheels away from the street and the lid opening toward the street ("street side" is printed on the top of the lid). Leave a three feet buffer around the container.
Place containers out before 5:30 a.m on your collection day. Pick up times can vary from week to week.
** THANK YOU FOR YOUR RECYCLING EFFORTS **
BENEFITS of Cheshire's Automated Single-Stream Recycing
- Recycling is good for the environment.
- All recyclables are placed together in the container.
- Containers are covered, so materials won’t blow away, become saturated with rain or snow, or attract animals.
- Containers have electronic IDs linnked to the assigned address.
- Containers roll easily.
- Special “non-curbside” arrangements for eligible senior and disabled residents are available. Call 203-271-6650 for details.
REDUCE ♦ REUSE ♦ RECYCLE
Last updated on Monday, January 08, 2018