Trash Collection 


The next scheduled delay will be Monday, May 30, 2016, in honor of Memorial Day.  Trash/recycle collection will occur on Tuesday - Saturday (May 31-June 4) that week.

        Residents provide their own cans for refuse collections and are reminded that the trash collection trucks are NOT automated, so cans need to be a size that can easily be picked up.

        Please click to download a PDF file of the current trash collection schedule.

        Keep in mind that trash can be picked up as early as 5:30 a.m. and as late as 6:00 p.m.  In addition, the pick-up time may vary from week to week.  We urge residents to put items out for collection the night before scheduled pick up to ensure that pick up is not missed. 

        Call Public Works at 203-271-6650 to report any problems or missed pick ups.

Acceptable Items


Residents are reminded that the hauler picks up only normal household trash.  Please do not put hazardous chemicals of any kind, broken glass or other sharp objects, construction debris, or carpeting out with trash. An information sheet regarding curbside trash and recycling is available here.


Hazardous waste can be brought to Hazwaste Central in New Haven - click here for more information, or call them at 203-401-2712).


For bulky items, there is a privately held transfer station in town.  Please call 203-272-4039 for information about hours and fees.

Non-curbside Collection

        This service is provided when all occupants of the dwelling unit are 70 years of age or older. All occupants of the household must provide proof of age with a birth certificate or valid Connecticut driver’s license. An application must be completed at the Public Works Department and approved by the Director of Public Works before non-curbside collection can begin.

        This service is also provided to residents who are physically disabled. All occupants of the household must be physically handicapped or infirmed. A doctor’s certification of each occupant must accompany a completed application which is available from the Public Works Department. Applications must be approved by the Director of Public Works.

For more information, contact the

Public Works Department at 203 271-6650

Last updated on Monday, January 11, 2016