To obtain a marriage license, you need the following:
- Valid Photo ID for both future spouses
- Fee of $30.00 (license fee)
- Mothers' full maiden names and the state or country where your parents were born
- You must apply for the license in the same town where your wedding ceremony will be performed.
- You must get married in the town indicated on the license or it becomes invalid
- You must both appear in person, but you do not have to appear at the same time
- No blood tests are required as of 10/1/2003
- The license is only good for 65 days
There is no waiting period. Once printed, signed, and paid for, you may take it with you.
Click here to download a marriage license worksheet to bring with you to the Town Clerk's Office.