The Cheshire Recreation Department offers a wide variety of events and activities to the residents of Cheshire as well as scheduling pavilion rentals and field use at the six major park facilities and the room at the Youth Center. Please see the links on the left for more information.
Recreation Department Office
Harmon Leonard Jr. Youth Center
559 South Main Street | Cheshire, CT 06410
Telephone: 203 272-2743 | Fax: 203 272-5858
General inquiries: email@example.com
Updated Thursday, July 18 at 8:30am
- Mixville Adventure Camp is starting at Mixville as regularly scheduled. Full Day Campers for Sun Fun and Sassacus will be attending a field trip to Highland Bowl. The notice with permission slip was distributed at pickup on Wednesday and via email.
- Information about relocation of pickup for Mixville Adventure Camp (Sun Fun, Sassacus and Sachem) will be available after 2:30 p.m, but based on the morning forecast we anticipate pickup will remain at Mixville.
- TR Camp will be held at Highland School.
- Mixville Season Parking Passes are now on sale. Information can be found here. If you'd like to purchase online, please go directly to https://register1.vermontsystems.com/wbwsc/ctcheshire.wsc/search.html?keyword=mixville&module=pm
- Our combined Spring-Summer 2019 Brochure is available online now and will be an insert in the Cheshire Herald on March 7! Resident registration begins on March 1 and nonresidents may register beginning March 10.
- The ice rink is CLOSED for the season. Click here for hours and rules. Ice Rink Press Release
- Pavilion Rentals are now being accepted for 2019. Call the office at 203-272-2743 to reserve and pay for your date!
- Vendor information for the Farmers' Market is now online! Click for details. The 2019 Farmers Market will be held on Thursdays, July 11 - September 12 from 4:00-6:30PM.
- Sign up for our new email subscription. From time to time you will receive information and reminders on upcoming programs and events! Add your email address here.
- Cancellations and changes will be available above in the NEWS section within the hour before your program is scheduled to begin. Cancellations and other announcements will also be posted on Facebook and Twitter and available on the Information Hotline (203) 250-2470. Please check back before heading out to your programs as this information may change throughout the day depending on the weather. Facebook, Twitter and our Hotline will all be updated if necessary.
Farmers Market 2019
Held Weekly in the Harmon Leonard, Jr. Youth Center Parking Lot
Thursdays, July 11 - September 2, 2019
Summer Concert Series 2019
All concerts are held on Friday nights at Bartlem Park. Shows begin at 7pm
- July 19 (rain date, July 23) - Running on Empty - Jackson Browne & Laurel Canyon Tribute Band
- July 26 (rain date July 30) - Peat Moss and the Fertilizers - Top 40 Party Band
- August 2 (rain date August 6) - Decadia - 80's and Beyond
- August 9 (rain date August 13) - 7 Bridges Road - Ultimate Eagles Experience
From Hartford and North:
Take I-91 South to Exit 18 onto I-691 West. Take Exit 3 to the end. Turn left onto Route 10 South. Travel approximately 5 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the right just past Cheshire High School.
Take I-84 West to Exit 27 onto I-691 East. Take Exit 3 to the end. Turn right onto Route 10 South. Travel approximately 5 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the right just past Cheshire High School.
From New Haven and South:
Take I-91 North to Exit 10. Take Rt. 40 connector to end. Turn right onto Rt. 10 North. Travel approximately 6 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the left, which is just before Cheshire High School.
Take I-15 North to Exit 61. Turn right at end of ramp onto Whitney Avenue, which becomes Rt. 10 North. Travel approximately 7.5 miles to the Youth Center entrance on the left, which is just before Cheshire High School.
From Waterbury and West:
Take I-84 East to Exit 26 onto Rt. 70. Travel approximately 4 miles to traffic light (Getty Station on corner). Turn right at light onto Main Street. Travel .3 miles. Turn right at light onto Route 10 South. Travel approximately 1 mile to the Youth Center entrance on the right just past Cheshire High School.