Streetlights, Energy

The Town owns the approximately 1800 streetlight fixtures on town roads as well as about 500 single service poles (poles which hold a streetlight but no other utility wires.)

Please call the Public Works office (203-271-6650) to report an outage.  Please have the pole number, if possible.

The Town has a contractor on stand-by to replace burnt out bulbs or defective lamp fixtures.  These repairs are usually completed in a week or so.

If the problem concerns power coming into the pole, the issue is referred to Eversource Energy and the Town pays for the repair.  This process will take significantly longer.

After the Town purchased the streetlights and converted the lamps to LED in 2016, the electric bill for streetlights decreased from an average of $23,500/month to $3,500/month.
Town of Cheshire | All Rights Reserved | Powered by CivicLive | © 2024 Civiclive.